Avi Yufest Nominated as Ontario PC Candidate for York Centre: "Let's Rebuild Our Economic Engine and Create Jobs"
09 August 2012
Ontario PC Leader Tim Hudak congratulated Avi Yufest on his nomination as the Ontario PC candidate for York Centre. Hudak applauded and thanked Yufest for his unwavering focus on reducing the size and cost of government and kick-starting the economy to create private-sector jobs.
“I know Avi understands what we need to build a better future,” said Hudak. “While the McGuinty Liberals continue to deepen Ontario’s economic crisis, the Ontario PC Party is promoting solutions to create new jobs and rein in government spending.”
“I relate to the struggles people face as they seek to build families and work in our community. The last eight years have been harder on families who deserve positive ideas to tackle McGuinty’s spending and jobs crisis,” said Yufest. “The Ontario PCs have made a series of strong, principled proposals that would provide hope for the more than 500,000 unemployed Ontarians and put our province on the path to recovery.”
“We need to get the fundamentals right to ensure a more prosperous future,” stated Yufest, noting several specific Ontario PC plans for private sector job growth which include:
- Balancing the budget to encourage businesses to expand and hire
- A mandatory public sector wage freeze that would save up to $2 billion annually
- Lowering taxes for job-creating businesses
- Eliminating costly and failed wind and solar subsidies for more affordable energy
- A more flexible and responsive approach to regulation, and
- More skilled trades jobs by modernizing the apprenticeship system.